Beginning Machine Sewing unravels the mysteries of the sewing machine! In the process of making an impressively polished Easy Tote, students will acquaint themselves with the whole machine sewing process, from cutting fabric to backstitching, all in just two 3-hour classes!
- Skills Covered: Basic sewing vocabulary, how to sew with the machine, the best way to measure and cut fabric, and how to follow a simple pattern
- Experience Required: None
- Instructor: Rachel Hearn
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: For a complete list of required supplies, please click Product Details, above.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at [email protected].
NOTE: We are very sorry to report that the elevator in the building where our Studio Space is located will be under repairs through the fall. Purl Soho very purposely chose to rent a space that would be accessible to all of our customers, and so we are especially disappointed by this setback. For now, if you are unable to climb two flights of stairs, we would be happy to let you know when this class gets rescheduled post-elevator repair. Otherwise, please do check out our entire schedule of classes, because only machine sewing classes take place in our Studio Space. The rest of our classes are held in our perfectly accessible shop at 459 Broome Street!