Learn to sew on a machine and follow a sewing pattern in a single day workshop! This beginner class for adults will teach you how to sew a simple child's skirt from start to finish, using Molly and Corinne's adorable Paper Bag Play Skirt Pattern from their company Fair Play Projects. Even if you've never sewn before, you should leave this class with a beautifully finished garment. We'll cover cutting, pressing, and sewing, and give you lots of great tips for success! The free pattern for this class comes in sizes 2-10. A fun day of wonderful learning, plus a midday break to explore neighborhood lunch spots... Please join us!
- Skills Covered: Basic sewing vocabulary, cutting fabric from a paper pattern, following a garment pattern, and how to sew with the machine
- Experience Required: None
- Instructors: Molly Schnick and Corinne Gill
- Location: Please note that this class will be held at Purl Soho's Studio Space, a short distance from our shop. Please meet us at 403 Broome Street, New York City!
- Supplies: For a complete list of required supplies, please click Product Details, above.
- Contact: If you have questions, please check out our Class FAQs; or call us at (212) 420-8796,12-6 weekends, 12-7 weekdays; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information: If you would like us to let you know when we schedule this class again, please enter your email in the field above.